‘A Little R&R’ – Whiskey Strawberry Cocktail
Light and refreshing with a pleasant tartness accompanied by a feathered sweetness. ‘A Little R&R’ is a fun play on words for the Rye and Rhubarb in the recipe, pair them with fresh strawberry, and this is a perfect cocktail for a sunny day.
‘A Little R&R’ – Whiskey Strawberry Cocktail – How to Make
What you can grow in your garden:
- Out of garden – lemons
‘A Little R&R’ Cocktail Ingredients (1 serving):
- 1 1/2 oz. Rye Whiskey
- 1/2oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2oz. Egg White
- 1 Tablespoon of Confectioner Sugar
- 4 Dashes of Rhubarb Bitters
- 1/2 Strawberry
- Muddle the 1/2 strawberry, confectioner sugar and lemon juice in a mixing glass
- Add your Rye, egg white and rhubarb bitters to the mixing glass
- Put only 1 or 2 ice chips in your glass and shake vigorously until the ice chips dissolve. This process is known as whipping.
- Fill the mixing glass 3/4 full with ice. Shake for ~10 more seconds.
- Double strain the mixture over ice into an old fashion style glass.
- Garnish with a strawberry head
A big thanks to our friend, gardener, and master mixologist Dustin Crawford for crafting up this delicious garden fresh cocktail recipe!
Want to grow your own fresh cocktail ingredients? Check out our all-in-one plant spacing guide to help you get started!