Brown Sugar Candied Jalapenos Recipe
A perfect game day snack where spicy meets sweet. This simple and addictive garden to table recipe is a fan favorite around GardenInMinutes.com, and a bit of a competition to see who can make the best batch.
Pro tip: The longer you let your jalapenos sit in their sauce, the more robust the flavor will become.
What You Can Grow
- Tip: Grow two plants per Garden Grid™ square and avoid the cold! Hot peppers like it warm and won’t fruit if temperatures regularly drop into the 40’s at night. Jalapenos, along with most other peppers, need lots of water. Make sure your garden’s soil is always moist.
- 1-lb of Jalapenos
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp of minced garlic
- 1-1/4 cup of cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
- Optional – 2 tablespoons of honey
Prep and Cook Time
- ~20 minutes
How to make Brown Sugar Candied Jalapenos
- Combine the vinegar, brown sugar, minced garlic, and cayenne pepper into a pan and bring to a boil on your stove for five minutes (stir mixture well).
- While that’s boiling, slice your Jalapenos into 1/4-1/2 inch ‘Os’ and add to the pan making sure to coat both sides.
- Let the pan simmer for another five minutes, remove from heat and cool.
- Optional: Drizzle the top of the Jalapeno’s with honey.
There are a variety of candied jalapeno recipes and different ways to make them your own. Let us know you variations in the comments below!
Grow Your Best Garden Ever
Garden In Minutes is all about making gardening easier.
Our Garden Kits and Garden Grids™ make growing easy.