Green Beans, Snap Beans, or String Beans
Whatever you call them & wherever you garden across the U.S., you can plant them in July!
Green beans (as we’ll call them) are super easy to grow. You direct sow the seeds right into your soil about 1″ below the surface. They come in bush varieties (which we’re growing in this video) or pole varieties, which climb up things like trellises, cages or even other neighboring tall plants. Bush varieties are easier to manage, but they do produce a little less compared to pole varieties. Either way, here are planting & growing tips for green beans in your garden!
- Grow 4 plants per Garden Grid™ watering system square
- Grow green beans in full sun (6+ hours/day)
- Keep soil consistently moist
- In our hot Florida summers, we water with The Garden Grid™ every 2-3 days for about 10 minutes assuming no rain.
- However, when seeds are freshly planted or just sprouting, we’ll water lightly every day. Here’s more about that.
- Plant them in stages
- Some one week, some a couple of weeks later. This makes sure you have an extended period of harvest so you don’t have all of the plants maturing at the same time. Here’s more info about stagger planting.
- Once the beans are 5-6″ long (usually 50-60 days after planting, 60-70 for pole variety) they’re ready to harvest!
Garden In Minutes® is all about making it easier for you to grow your best garden!
From our patented Garden Grid™ watering systems to our long-lasting Metal Raised Garden Beds; our gardening products are loved by tens of thousands of gardeners across the U.S.!
Tap below to explore our gardening solutions & let’s start your best garden in minutes!